OneTrueFan

Art Spigot Studio Store

Please Visit my Website

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Clay Hound Dog

Click for tutorial: Video

The second dog in my clay dog series is the Long Eared Sporting Dog. Depending on the colors chosen these can be spaniels, basset hounds or coon dogs.



My video lesson gives a quick overview of these breeds and what they their physical characteristics are,plus it shows the step by step building of the head and body. This project definitely works better with the older elementary grades, the younger kids just get all these little shapes into a jumble.
One important hint I can give it to instruct the kids to warm the clay up for about 5 or 10 minutes before they start to work with it. This makes it much easier to manipulate. I hand them each their package of clay and tell them to put it in their pocket or sit on it while I show them the video tutorial.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP